This is the best chocolate cake ever in the whole history of the whole world. It is a moist cake. It is rich but not as rich and heavy as a mud cake.
Here is the recipe.
DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/4 cups of castor sugar
- 140 grams of butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Grease 2 deep 20cm cake pans and line the base with paper.
- Add vinegar to evaporated milk to sour it.
- Sift flour, salt, cocoa, soda and sugar together.
- Pour in melted butter or margarine and 1/2 cup of soured evaporated milk
- Beat well for 2 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and beat a further 2 minutes
- Pour into prepared pans and bake in a moderate oven 180 degrees Celsius for 35 minutes
- Allow cakes to cool slightly before removing from pans.
- Spread frosting or whipped cream between, and frosting on top.