Thursday, September 24, 2009
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
- boxes of herbs to begin a kitchen garden
- boxes of preserves - jams, marmalades, syrups, chutneys, pickles, sauces - with thanks to Pat, Tessa, and Belinda.
- there is a large plastic container full of recipe books. I am sure there will be people at Silver Wattle who are passionate about food. They might like to leaf through the recipe books and chose some favourites. Communal menu preparation, perhaps?
- There is a shopping trolley full of books for study and for reading: a variety which includes Eric Rolls and Teilhard de Chardin and books about the Tao. Also in there is Advices and Queries and the Rule of St Benedict, that classic of Christian communal life.
- Then there are various kitchen appliances like my Kenwood Mixer, the Furi knives, the cafe griller, the blender.
Sunday, August 02, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
So that's the background.
Then last Saturday I made a funny comment on a Friend's facebook wishing her well with AQC but saying that, as an aged pensioner, I didn't think I'd get there because of the prices unless they were (and here I was intending to be funny) able to take into account cooking, cleaning, gardening and weeding.
The Friend came back on facebook and said, well......
So I am a bit excited about this and all the possibilities.
And all because of a sentence or so on facebook!
Follow the journey right here.