Picture above from here
together with how to make passata if you can't get to the class
listed below at Ballarat Community Garden.
The post below is from Better Together - Passata Day
Saturday 28nd February 2015, 9 a.m. sharp-till ?
Once more into the Red! Ballarat Community Garden will be hosting a passata (tomato bottling) day on the 20th of February. Come learn how to preserve tomatoes and enjoy a day of work, fun and community. We'll have a meal and share a good time! Participants will take home approximately 6 litres of tomato puree.
The cost will be $20 dollars which will include a 10kg box of tomatoes, tea & coffee. Please bring a plate to share for lunch. Payment must be received by Deb Ramsey (0401 824 110) by the 16th of February. Numbers will be limited, but children, friends and family are all welcome to come and help. You will be responsible for bringing glass jars or beer bottles. You will need to have your own safe, undamaged lids for jars, but we will provide bottle caps for beer bottles.
Things to bring:
- Plate to share for lunch.
- Large pots will be vital so please be sure to bring those. Vital! (Stainless steel please, as aluminium may leach.)
- Anyone who has a camp stove or gas burner and bottle please bring those along.
- cutting boards and knives are vital
- aprons and pot holders
- large stirring spoons
- pouring jugs
- Stick blenders would also be very welcome.