Animals Australia: the voice for animals

Animals Australia: the voice for animals
Love life? Love all of life

Monday, April 08, 2013

Buttery Butter Biscuits are easy-peasy

This morning, I was up at 6am to make some biscuits.  Now I haven't made biscuits since I can't remember when so I wanted something that was great but no fuss.  I also didn't want a cream butter and sugar type biscuit because, at that hour, I didn't want to use a noisy mixer.  I thought 'melted butter' but I don't have a recipe - at least I think I don't - for biscuits that are made with melted butter. So to the 'net and Google and up came this.

BUTTER BISCUITS

Ingredients:
  • 125 g butter
  • 1/2 cup caster sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup dessicated coconut (I didn't have any and substituted McKenzie's moist coconut flakes which worked well).
  • 1 1/2 cups of self raising flour (I use plain flour to which I add Baking Powder in the ratio of 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder to 1 cup of plain flour)
Method:
  1. Melt butter in saucepan, bring to the boil, then remove from heat, and allow to cool slightly.
  2. Transfer butter to a large bowl, stir in sugar, then add egg, coconut and flour and mix until ingredients are combined.
  3. Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls, place onto greased oven trays, and press lightly with a fork.
  4. Bake at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes or until golden.
  5. Allow biscuits to cool on trays for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
  6. Biscuits will keep for several days in an airtight container.
These biscuits are delicious.  I plan to try out a few variations. My thoughts are:
  • Add ginger
  • Turn into Jam Drops
  • Try adding sultanas or currants or other appropriate fruit.
  • In short, I think these ingredients and method provide a quick and easy biscuit base.


No comments:

ShareThis