- 125 g butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut (I didn't have any and substituted McKenzie's moist coconut flakes which worked well).
- 1 1/2 cups of self raising flour (I use plain flour to which I add Baking Powder in the ratio of 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder to 1 cup of plain flour)
- Melt butter in saucepan, bring to the boil, then remove from heat, and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer butter to a large bowl, stir in sugar, then add egg, coconut and flour and mix until ingredients are combined.
- Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls, place onto greased oven trays, and press lightly with a fork.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow biscuits to cool on trays for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Biscuits will keep for several days in an airtight container.
- Add ginger
- Turn into Jam Drops
- Try adding sultanas or currants or other appropriate fruit.
- In short, I think these ingredients and method provide a quick and easy biscuit base.