Animals Australia: the voice for animals

Animals Australia: the voice for animals
Love life? Love all of life

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What's it all about?

This is the beginning post for Food from Oz. When starting a blog one commences with an idea but then the blog can develop a life and character of its own. The basis for this blog is my hand written and clipping cookbook. This started with simple recipes learned in domestic science classes in Bowen, North Queensland in Grades 7 and 8 nearly 50 years ago. There are the recipes that I collected from my mother and grandmother when I was newly wed. I married at 19 in 1963. Some pages have spots on them because they are well used and well loved. Many have come from neighbours, people I have gone to church with, people I have worked with on community organisations and - of course - my dear friends. You will even find one I have got from a blog because it is in a favourite genre - self saucing puds - for which you will find complimentary recipes. This is basically a blog about Australian food - which has become more international in recent years. I hope the blog can open up good conversation about good food happening in the wonderful atmosphere of family and friends.

No comments:

ShareThis